Support of the public administration in Moldova in the implementation of regional policy through sustainable and integrated urban development. Project no. 309/2017/M3.
Source of funding:
Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs within Polish development cooperation programme – Polish Aid.
– approx. EUR 350 000 for technical assistance;
– approx. EUR 150 000 for the co-financing of urban development projects in urban areas in 2017;
– approx. EUR 200 000 for the co-financing of urban development projects in urban areas in 2018.
Project duration: 2017-2019
Ministry of Investment and Economic Development of the Republic of Poland represents the central public administrative authority with attributions in the areas of regional development, construction, spatial planning and development, landscaping, managing the European funds implementation system.
Department of Assistance Programs
Ministry of Investment and Economic Development of Poland
tel: (+48) 22 273 75 62
– Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment of the Republic of Moldova
– up to 15 Moldovan cities and municipalities: Bălți,Briceni, Cahul, Căușeni, Ceadîr-Lunga, Cimișlia, Comrat, Edineț, Ialoveni, Ocnița, Orhei, Soroca, Strășeni,Ungheni
– Agencies of Regional Development
– Information Centre for Local Authorities in Moldova / Solidarity Fund PL in Moldova
tel: (+373) 69757675
The general objective of the project is to improve the system of implementation of regional policy in Moldova which contributes to increasing the social, economic and territorial coherence of the country by creating an effective and efficient system for the support of local development. The project aims at providing the competent Moldovan institutions at all levels of administration with Polish and European norms and methodologies. For this purpose, a comprehensive expert and training support will be provided in the preparation and implementation of pilot instruments and projects under project pipeline formula, i.e. in the development of guidelines, urban regeneration programmes, beneficiaries projects, enhancing the competence of beneficiaries in respect of planning regeneration activities.
The project will be implemented in the years 2017–2019 under the formula of 3-year project and it will be divided into two phases:
– For 2017 and until mid-2018, the strategic and planning component is to be implemented, i.e. the development of principles for the regeneration support system (formal and legal framework, instruments, mechanisms at the national, regional and local level) and planning documents at urban level are to be prepared;
– In the years 2018–2019, the implementation phase is to be executed, i.e. preparation and implementation of projects at urban level.
The project is supposed to result in a ready and functional system for conducting regeneration activities, along with financed and implemented regeneration projects in participating cities.